Google
 

Thursday, October 11, 2007

My five minutes at the australian stock exchange expo

First of all, going to the event I had completely forgotten to print my ticket. Feeling cocky I sauntered to the door and boldly declared that I had registered for the event but was too lazy to print out a ticket. Rather than pull out battons and engage in an LAPD beatdown, one of them allowed me in, giving me a warning to print off my tickets.
Every stall I walked by I was being asked to sign up for free expos and by the third sign up I realized something; I can't hang around the stalls because they're all promising the same thing: That through them I will make crazy money.
As an absoloute rookie to trading I knew I had no tools to discern between them and so I went to have a look at the free talks. I was underwhelmed about the talks going in and whenever I passed by a talk my level of passion and interest plummetted faster than Bush's approval rating.
It was at this point that I left.
Time spent there in total: Five minutes,

I am now back home. My plans for today:
1) A book I ordered on amazon.com a few weeks back has finally come: Lessons from the greatest stock traders of all time by John Boik and so I will try to balance that with reading Ultramarathon man and Ethical Investing and hopefully have them all finished by mid next week.
2) I am working on my blogs and will continue going through all the tips offered by www.problogger.com on this article: How I Make Money from Blogs - My Top Earners
3) I will contact ATAA (Australian Technical Analysts Association) and try to borrow some videos on how to create a trading system.
4) I will prepare for the Real Estate Mastery seminar tomorrow.