Google
 

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Adding a contact form

According to the article on good blog design from problogger.com, it is important to put a contact form in one's blog. I found a system for putting a contact form in a blog from www.blogosquare.com. The link can be found here
After struggling with it I finally figured out how to put the contact link on the sidebar as the article wasn't clear enough for me. Simply:
1) Copy the URL of the contact form.
2)Go to Customize
3) Select Template from the Navigation Bar.
4) Select Page Elements from the Header (therefore its Customize-Template-Page Elements)
5) Click Add a page element
6) Select to Add Text
7) Type in Contact me (or something similar for the title).
8) Type in a short message for the body like To contact me click here
9) Highlight the whole short message or the final two words (in the above case 'click here')
10) Select the hyperlink symbol from the text box (it can be between the Font symbol and the Align left symbol in the text box).
11) In the hyperlink box Paste the URL of the contact form.

This is how I did it for all three of my blogs, if anyone has any quicker ways, I'm all ears, eyes and feet.

Cheers