Google
 

Friday, October 26, 2007

I am now a member of Jay Abraham's mentorship program!

Part one of an interview with the richest man in Europe and 5th richest man on Earth


Just an update on what I have been up to:


a) Got access to materials from the Jay Abraham mentorship program. Great stuff! So far I have read through his ideas on preeminence and I have also read a transcript of one of the first exposures I ever had to Jay: an interview he did with Anthony Robbins. As we speak I am also reading through an interview he conducted with Dr. Stephen R. Covey.
b)
I spoke about how I finished reading the Nicholas darvas classic: How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market. Darvas box theory was a bit complex to me and so I scampered about the net looking for some video or document that summarizes it. Then....another 'law of attraction'-type moment occured:

A couple of weeks back I had been searching for share trading educators and brokers so I could attend their free seminars and I found a company known as Protrader which sent me a free copy of their trading software package. As I was searching the net, looking for a simplified source of information on darvas box theory I began installing the Protrader software. Lo and behold, right there in the tutorial section was an explanation of the darvas box theory and how to apply it using Protrader. I have been going through the book again the last couple of hours trying to summarize his system and below are my scribbled notes so far:

Step one: Look for a stock that has recently reached a 52 week high.
Step two: Check for a stock that has had low trading volume and has suddenly had a huge surge in trading volume.

The reason we do this is because we assume if a stock is at a new high and more people are trading it, it’s a sign that more people are interested in that stock for one reason or another.

Step three: Make sure the stock you select is lively.

NB: If a stock moves from a higher to a lower box immediately sell it; SET THE STOP LOSS AT THE TOP OF THE PREVIOUS BOX OR IN BETWEEN THE BOTTOM OF THE CURRENT STOCK AND THE TOP OF THE PREVIOUS BOX.

Step four: Wait for the stock to move from the box you found it up into the next box and then buy it if:
a) It’s trading volume is high, increasing and is dramatically higher than a year ago and previous months.
b) That’s had a surge of price following its arrival at a 52 week high.

Step five: Different stocks have different ranges that define the bottom and top of their boxes.

Step six: When you purchase place a stop loss immediately and if you won’t be available to buy the stock make sure you place an “on-stop” order for the stocks you would like.

Step seven: When a stock jumps into the next box, change the position of the stop loss to the top of the previous box.

Step seven: Select stocks from industries with high growth.

Remaining question: How to set the limits of the box? How to select an industry?

I should committ to my first trade some time in the next few hours......

Be blessed
Mwas