Google
 

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Quick update

Hey,
I have been busy moving forward and as a result I have been away from this blog for WAAAAYYYYY TOOOO LONNG but I am back to give a quick update on the huge strides forward I have made in recent days.

1) The articles I read by Dr. Covey and Brian Tracy continue to impact me deeply. I was due to submit my passive self-income audit (basically a 16 page questionaire whereI assess where I'm at) YESTERDAY but I have just been synethesizing and rewriting and as soon as I'm done here I will get right back to the work of finishing it up and sending it off.
2) The mentorship program has a plethora of articles. The articles have a plethora of useful, immediately actionable resources and information. I have decided, rather than going through the articles, 2-3 a day (which is what I have been doing, with limited success), I will go right back to the begining and try to suck every drop of usefulness out of each article especially the Dr. Covey article, the Brian Tracy articles and the current article I am chewing over:
3) John Dudeck on Highest and Best Use: The first idea alone from this article is immediately applicable in my life. It is a challenge for me to find my strengths (like Popeye with his spinach, lol) and my areas of flow. I can't comment on this article too much because it was after reading this first great idea that I immediately felt I had to go back and fully appreciate and integrate the great info I had read from the other articles.

4) I have been focussing on improving my health, diet and body...so far, great, my eating habits have dramatically improved, the 5 kilograms of junk that I took off during Unleash the Power Within(yup, for some reason during those 4 days I dropped 5 kilograms while eating about 6 meals a day and drinking water every half hour......I'm amazed myself). This brings my total fat loss to about 15 kilograms since the begining of the year. I'm working on consolidating the psychology neccesary to not only keep this going but push my body to places that previously would have been unimaginable (including dancing, endurance sports, martial arts etc etc)
5) I joined a Blog Mastermind run by Yaro Starak. Yarro's sends me audio and articles each week to read and APPLY and I have access to a forum where I can ask him and other members of the Mastermind ( we are about 240) questions that will help me commericalize my blog and make $4000-$6000 a month from 2 hours of work like Yarros.

6) The Blog will be moving to Wordpress: The first lesoon from Yarros is on how to transfer to Wordpress and the advantages of using Wordpress. Therefore, this blog and my MAS blog will be moving over there over the course of the next week.
7) I will eliminate my book review/story time blog for lack of time and merge it with this financial freedom blog and my MAS blog.

Finally, I am searching for a life coach because I am getting to the point where I am juggling way too much and my time management skills are very poor. I need someone to help me organize my life better, quantify the important areas of my life with greater clarity, help me uncover the MOST IMPORTANT AREAS TO WORK ON and things I simply shouldn't even work on. I have found a lady who seems quite promising and I will keep you posted on how it all goes.

And, oh yes, I am, also looking for a personal trainer in the health and fitness side. I just finished going through Pete Sisco's ebook. I first heard about Pete and his training methods about four years ago but in my mind I simply assumed he was a con-artist. After emailing a couple of personal trainers, hearing about his methods from Anthony Robbins and doing a bit of research on the net, I have come to see that his training methods are simply controversial but far from pseudo-science or con-artist scams. Therefore I have decided to go through the workouts proposed in his e-book, using, his online strength coach service as a guide. However to avoid mistakes I made in the past including poor form and 'over-exubarance', I'll get a personal trainer. I'll write this up more in my MAS blog

PS: I updated my networth to incorporate the remaining equity in my credit card (so far, I have spent about $4,000 and have about $700 left).